Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"The Incredible, Edible"....Cell???


When did science get this fun (or yummy)? Helping kids with homework/projects sure exposes what I have retained from my own school days. I was pretty impressed that I could remember most of the names of the parts of a cell, however the functions of most were a little "blurry". Hopefully, after this nifty little project I will be set to better help the next 3 kids. Richie had loads of fun doing this assignment and was very selective (as you can see) in his candies to represent each part of the cell. Now I am just wondering does it look too good to eat...hmmmm??? No matter it was eaten by many "sugar hungry" 7th graders!

2 comments:

hdayton said...

Great project! Rach, I am truly impressed that you even remember one part of a cell?!?! Wow! I must commit this to memory. Way to go Richie!
On another note, he must be the most handsome guy in middle school. What a cutie pie :0)

heidigoseek said...

harley did this project a few weeks ago:) she also had a scrapbook project in reading class. i got to thinking...scrapbooks and cookie cells...i can deal with this kind of homework!