Thursday, December 4, 2008

Black & Orange...Red & Green...I think there is something in between

Thanksgiving come and gone already...did it really even happen? I guess it did because I have pictures as the evidence, but wow...how fast the time goes. It seems that we get all hyped for Halloween and then immediately jump into Christmas and Thanksgiving is just something we fit in between. However, I do have to say that this has to have been one of my favorite Thanksgivings. I am not sure why except everything fit my ideals for the day :). We got up and had a long, leisurely breakfast while watching the Macy's parade...(my favorite). Then I sat down to browse through the day after sale ads, just for fun. Soon after mom and the kids came over. Mom engaged the kids, well the girls, in a fun turkey craft. While the boys....

Played football, of course. With four players they had to be pretty creative, but in the end they each had some amazing play to brag about!





And the moment we've all been waiting for...Dinner! I think "moment" is the right word because it seems that a moment is all it takes to eat the food we have been so carefully preparing for a few days! Oh well, it was yummy! The company was excellent too. We had Mom, Seth, Morganne and her cute friend, Vanessa, Hollis & Jeremy, Justin and his girl, Tiauna, and Josh.

We were even treated to our own after-dinner show, hosted by Cory and performed by the girls. Cory even guest starred in a few of the performances. We were entertained for sure!After that everyone started to leave, we cleaned up, and decided to end the night "wakefield style"...we snuggled in to watch "Christmas Vacation" (edited of course). Although the holiday seems like a flash, I am grateful for a day to remember all we have to be thankful for. We missed you all and hope that your holiday was just as memorable.




2 comments:

hdayton said...

Oooh! You made me so homesick. I wish we could all have been together. Everyone looks great. The kids are beautiful and it looks like you had quite the spread. I love you! H

heidigoseek said...

the "show" is always the best part of the evening!
looks like you had fun...miss you!